True beauty is a reflection of good health and a radiant spirit. In order for our natural gifts of beauty to be maintained as we age, they must be supported by proper rest, a good diet, exercise, right living, and right thinking. And as the face is a micro-system and mirror of the whole body, to see enduring changes in the face, we must address the underlying health of the whole body as illness or imbalance of one part of the body affects the whole. Constitutional Cosmetic Acupuncture is natural medical therapy which addresses overall health and well-being with a focus on renewal of the face.
How it works:
Facial renewal is accomplished through a series of successive treatments that involve inserting tiny acupuncture needles in powerful energy points on the face and head, along with constitutional body points. Additionally, diet and lifestyle changes will be suggested and a self-care routine between sessions will be taught and encouraged. By needling the face, we infuse it with Qi and blood, carrying nutrients to the cells of the skin and muscles, promoting removal of metabolic waste and bathing the face in fresh radiance through increasing circulation. The site of the needle insertion causes a positive micro-trauma that then stimulates fibroblast activity (structural framework mechanism of the skin). This fibroblast activity can then stimulate collagen and elastin production (the two major components of skin) giving it strength, elasticity, tightness and lustre.
After doing a full assessment, the constitutional body points are uniquely selected and administered with the facial points to promote whole-body balance. A healthy body will then reabsorb the signs of aging. Beauty tips, life-style and dietary recommendations will be given to support you between and after treatments to optimize overall health and health of the skin.
As we age, we can expect the following to happens to our skin:
- the dermis loses collagen & elasticity
- skin gets thinner
- harder to keep moisture in
- fat in the subcutaneous region begins to disappear
- epidermis begins to sag
In TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) terms, this means:
- loss of qi and blood
- loss of essence (Jing)
- toxin build-up
- dampness or dryness
Cosmetic Acupuncture benefits:
- Increases local blood and lymph circulation
- Eases edema and puffiness, and bags under the eyes
- Reduces sagging tendencies
- Eliminates fine lines and reduces deeper wrinkles
- Treats hyper-pigmentation, sun-damaged skin and scars
- Can improve collagen production and muscle tone
- Promotes facial radiance and glow
- Reduces stress and supports self-esteem
- Treats facial syndromes such as Bell’s palsy, TMJ, and aids stroke patients
- Addresses dermatological imbalances
- Treats gynecological issues
- Relieves sinus congestion and headache
- Improves hyper/hypo-thyroidism
- Treats most digestive issues
- Eases insomnia and dizziness
- Treats tendinomusclular issues (ie. TMJ, teeth grinding)
- Treats most constitutional imbalances
- Aids the immune system
- Treats depression
- Promotes total health and well-being
For more information, visit our FAQs.
As with all traditional Chinese medicine treatments, acupuncture is cumulative in effect, as such, this procedure involves a gradual, natural process of healthful change. While some results may be immediate, the whole process takes several weeks. Maintenance treatments are recommended.
To discuss whether or not Constitutional Cosmetic Acupuncture is suitable for you, please contact Nada through the Contact page or call 647-340-0897 to set up a free no-obligation consultation.
* There are some health conditions that are contraindicated for this specific procedure. Please complete the intake form fully, being sure to mention any and all health issues with your practitioner before commencing treatment. While this procedure is highly effective, it is NOT a face-lift and results cannot be guaranteed.